The beans are either fully washed or sun dried. Because coffee seeds/beans grow inside fruit, the skin and pulp of the fruit needs to be removed. In the washed process, the seeds are separated using machines that squeeze the fruit until the seed pops out. Then, the seeds are washed to remove any fruit residue. In the sun-dried process, the fruit is left out in the sun for 3-6 weeks, before being sent out to mills to separate the seed. Because in this method the seeds are encased in the fruit for a longer duration, the coffee usually has a fruity and full-bodied flavor.
- Bourbon – tracing its lineage in Yemen, is Arabica’s second globally cultivated variety. Trees are generally round and shrubby in appearance, with broad leaves and spherical fruits.
- Catuai – a mutation of the Caturra variety, which shares most of its properties.
- Caturra – a single gene mutation of Bourbon, first reported in 1937 in Brazil. It is shorter in stature, which allows for denser planting and easier picking.
- Lempira – is a cross between a Timor hybrid and Caturra, well known for its high yielding. The trees have bronze tipped leaves and thrive in warm temperatures and acidic soil.
- Typica – is the first commercial variety to leave the Arabian Peninsula. The tree is conical with narrow leaves and long, narrow berries and seeds.
The soil where the trees grow is made up of clay minerals, which are an important source of nutrients for the plant. The beans are medium-dark roasted, which preserves some of the original flavor, while maintaining a tasting profile of either caramel, spice, or brown sugar.
Tasting Profile: Caramel, spice, brown sugar.
Grower: 1500 grower/members from Cafe Organics Marcala
Variety: Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra, Lempira, & Typica
Region: Marcala, La Paz, Honduras
Altitude: 1300-1700 M
Soil Type: Clay Minerals
Process: Fully washed and sun dried.
WE GUARANTEE YOUR SATISFACTION, OR YOUR MONEY BACK.
I never considered myself a coffee snob until I tasted this coffee. It is just head and shoulders above anything else I've ever tasted. I'll still drink other roasts but man, just knowing I could have had this instead makes it hard, haha! Super thankful for the auto-subscription from JOMO too so I never run out!! (My husband is also thankful that I'm never out, haha!!)